Preparing for a marathon is one of the most mentally and physically demanding things you can do. Every slight improvement you can make in your preparations will improve your chances of achieving your marathon goals – whatever they are.
Planning your marathon training
- Before you start marathon training
- How long should an unfit beginner spend training for their first marathon?
- What’s your motivation for running?
- Finding a marathon training approach that suits you
Starting marathon training
- Planning where to run
- Adding variety to your marathon training
- Drawing up a training schedule
- Safety and marathon training
Sustaining your marathon training
- Avoiding injury during training
- Should you train if you are ill?
- Using a half marathon or 10k race
- Getting the help of a marathon coach
- Positive thinking and marathon training
- How much should training take over your life?